Saturday, August 8, 2009

The DREADED CAT BED

This has been the summer of finishing projects and making ideas come together. This was truly the project from the underworld. I will defer to my sweet daughter in law and not use the other word. It was a Simplicity pattern I bought two years ago and began. I soon learned that it really required a commercial sewing machine since I was sewing as many as 3-4 layers of foam rubber together.

I have picked it up and put it down several times in utter disbelief and frustration. I decided this week was THE WEEK. I was in such a foul mood with this thing that I should have been in Time Out. Fortunately, Bob went out of town, and I just DID it. It's not perfect by any means, but it's finished. Bob named her Sweet Lips after a tropical fish with large lips just like hers!

As my friend Rosemary said, "If those cats don't use it, they should just be given to the SPCA." Of course, I may not let them use it since it was so dang hard to make it! But, I just don't seem to give up and quit! I think I would be saner if I chose that path.

1 comment: