Friday, May 1, 2009

Garden Week Revisited


Historic Garden Week of Virginia was all of last week. It brought back such wonderful memories of Garden Week last year when we were on the Hampton Tour. That was such a special time for me. It became a time to make new friends and enjoy so much help from my already-established friends! It did take an army of people helping out. These were some of my favorite arrangements---as if I did not LOVE all 23 of them......This one was arranged by Mary Dame Broad, such a dear friend....


the dining room arrangement where the peonies were not Available so these beautiful roses were used to mimic the art...

the amazing dining room table centerpiece.....


and the fun, fun kitchen arrangement.....



The greatest gift of all was all the help we received.....all the time my husband, Bob, put in and then my two secret weapons: my sister Lisa who came up early with a SUV filled with plants and who then proceeded to work in the rain planting all the front entry beds with annuals and making numerous trips to Anderson's for more plants and my sister in law Linda who came early and began manning the kitchen to keep order on all things on the interior. What a blessing.
There was my friend, Connie Elliott, who planted this beautiful old buggy so that Doris Smith (left) could stand out in the yard and talk about the history of the property and what it was when she was a wee little child.
Kristen, Ruthie and my niece came up for the show day and stayed the week and then Chris, Kate and Ralph all came in on Thursday. It was a fabulous time for the weekend. The house and yard NEVER looked better!



No comments: